[ Thread ]

When posting or replying to the forum please abide by

All posts, replies and votes are locked after 90 days. Please fully partisipate in the forum by creating a new tpoic, replying and voting on posts.

stilleto
Looking to Buy

MAIN HALYARD ROPE

I am looking to replace my main halyard rope on a Stilleto 23 that is not raced but used in heavy wind situations. I am looking for suggestions as per correct size/diameter, //// per replacement type: Vectran vs dyneema vs T900 vs spectra, single braid vs double braid, acceptable breaking strength, //// and also per debate of knot vs key shackle/captive pin with bar (vs snap shackle) on headboard. Thanks in advance!

Steve
Replied: stiletto
Stiletto 27 GT
Replying to Steve Garrah comments: The stock 23' main halyard is 5/16" line with 5/32" 7x19 wire spliced. This works well with least amount of friction when raising and lowering with minimal stretch. All line 8mm will also work. I can supply you with either one. Ron
Replied: stilleto
Looking to Buy
Replying to Ron Nicol comments: Thank you Ron for your quick response. I have visited your shop in the past to purchase parts and really enjoyed viewing the available boats. I will contact you directly for details and may have a friend passing through in early June for a pickup.

Steve